January 1, 2008

New Year's Eve party rocks (?) with the Tango

LA MANZANILLA, Jalisco, Mexico - The Admiral and I, along with Dustin & Cami (and our neighbor, Canadian artist Carol Lopez) went to a New Year's Eve party at a rooftop palapa, part of a dance studio that recently opened.

And it was, well, pretty wild.

There were probably 150 people there and the dance instructors kept everyone out on the floor most of the evening. Dinner was a Mexican potluck affair featuring a dozen different dishes. Perhaps surprisingly, no Alka-Seltzer needed today.

Mothers brought young children, too, all of whom joined in the dancing (and eating).

But I have to lay off these Chilean wines for awhile (though my Spanish seems to improve when I drink enough of it).

The party was a nice, soft-landing re-introduction to the town which it seems is becoming something of an artist's colony. Now if I only had an art...

Here's a short video of the happenings last night.


No comments: