May 28, 2015

Launching 'Fracking Justice, Tuesday night in New York

HECTOR, New York, USA - When I completed The Fracking War in the fall of 2013, I remember  feeling a huge sense of relief - and being exhausted. The launch party for that book was a wild crescendo at the Hector Wine Company.

Two weeks later, I had my energy back and started writing the first draft of the novel Fracking Justice which will have its first public unveiling Tuesday at the Hector Wine Company, starting at 5 p.m. and going until 8 p.m.

If you live anywhere near the Hector zip code, I hope to see you there. It should be a lot of fun.

Fracking Justice has many of the same characters, is similarly set in Upstate New York and in the nearby fictional town of Rockwell Valley, Pennsylvania. But Fracking Justice has a new geographic character, Rockwell Valley Lake. And yes, the lake and community are facing an awful industrial threat, from, well, the same villainous corporation that appeared in The Fracking War. 

I won't spoil the plot. But it's a pretty wild ride, right to the end.

One of the pre-publication reviewers - who got an early peek at Fracking Justice - asked me a few days ago if I was still planning on doing a third book, completing a trilogy.

The short answer is yes. And a rough outline, ideas for that novel - tentatively titled Fracking Evil -  and even a cover concept have been bouncing around in my mind since last fall.

But I won't start stacking paragraphs on it until Fracking Justice gets properly launched Tuesday!







No comments: