March 23, 2019

A journal-calendar-organizer that offers inspiration, too

   SANTA FE - Nearly a decade ago I spotted a to-do list/organizer on the desk of author and educator Karin Lubin.
     It divided every day into four categories. What her exact categories were are long lost in my memory.
     But I borrowed the idea.
     With the help of Adm. Sylvia Fox we created small bound notebooks following the same theme.
     In my case the four categories are Priority, Phone/Emails/Letters, Writing & Projects and Other.
     Other, as you might guess, is damn near anything, but written down so it doesn't get forgotten.
     Saturday's added entry to Other was 'fix headlight on the Prius - soon!'
     Today Lubin is launching a new, sophisticated book that goes way beyond any simple to do list,  It's titled My Life Through the Seasons, A Wisdom Journal and Planner and adds all kinds of prompts for creativity, organization and thought to the normal dates, times and places you might expect.
     And while it can be used in regular paper book format, one of the most intriguing aspects of My Life Through the Seasons is the ability to use an online version. The online version is a digital version with clickable links for websites and emails.
     This is definitely not an At-A-Glance planner designed to make you more productive and on time. It seems more a guide to peaceful life with nature factored in. All organized, too, of course.
     "This Wisdom Journal and Planner can transform your life and place in the world," Lubin says in the beginning of the book. "I'm not kidding. It recognizes and existential imbalance within us and within the world."
     The book drew high pre-publication praise from a number of people including Kitty Fallon, a professional counselor and life coach:
     "Over the years, I have used a variety of structured planners in my attempts to balance my work and personal priorities. Most planners I have used focus more heavily on either work or personal goals. My Life Through the Seasons changes that," Fallon said.
     My Life Through the Seasons, A Wisdom Journal and Planner is available through Amazon.com and a fillable PDF version at this sitehttps://www.seasonalwisdomjournal.com.
    You can also contact Dr. Karen Lubin directly at info@seasonalwisdomjournal.com.








No comments: