February 14, 2010

A three-day road trip to Puerto Vallarta - but sans any appointments

PUERTO VALLARTA, Jalisco, Mexico - The Admiral and I packed up mid-week and headed north to Puerto Vallarta to see the kids (ok, they are in their 30s, but kids are kids) and granddaughter Sasha, of course, leaving the Pink Flamingo in the capable hands of CEO Laura Warner.

And for the first time in many such forays along Mexico's Highway 200, we didn't have medical appointments, dental work, car repairs or any other pressing engagements planned.

So why am I so tired?

We managed to fill in the hours with lots of quality time with Sasha and Dustin and Cami, and, of course, I made a couple of trips to Home Depot - but no new solar lights this time :-(  I also managed to stop by a marine hardware store where I bought, well, some marine hardware.

In the course of the trip, we also went out and looked at some property Dustin and Cami are considering purchasing, with the idea of eventually building a house there. Oh, now I realize why I am so tired. Even the thought of a project that size sends me right to a hammock.

Zzzzzzzzz.....

Grandpa Michael and Sasha
Grandpa Michael and Sasha enjoy some pizza at Paradise Mall

Tonight we head into La Manzanilla, where Admiral Fox has another performance with the Celtic Duo she hooked up with earlier this year. It's only a one-hour performance, but right now she is practicing the playlist, much to the delight of the neighbors who have, rather politely, turned down the ever-present banda music to listen.

Her violin is in need of professional attention, however and she said she is learning how to play around a string that lets out a non-musical noise every once in a while.

I can't hear it, but then, I play a ukulele and just sing louder when I don't know the chord.

Here's a brief video of granddaughter Sasha, who is learning the fine art of diving...

No comments: