February 28, 2012

La Manzanilla Cup on for Wednesday, wind permitting

LA MANZANILLA, Jalisco, Mexico - The annual La Manzanilla Cup sailboat race was canceled Monday for a lack of wind, but is supposed to take place Wednesday.

Monday there was a decided lack of wind and so the race's sponsors opted to move the race.

The captain's meeting is sometime around 11 a.m. near Lora Loka's with the actual course to be decided at that time.

The group will also decide then what time to start - provided there is wind, of course.

While I flirted with the idea of dragging the Captain's Gig down for the race (our 10-foot Gig Harbor sailing dinghy), it seemed like it would be more fun to watch the race from the press table with La Manzanilla's own Lois Lane.

A full report with photos will be posted Thursday, depending on the strength of the post-race margaritas...

Scene from last weekend's regatta in La Manzanilla

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: