February 12, 2012

The end of the rainbow, somewhere near Arroyo Seco

ARROYO SECO, Jalisco, Mexico - If it hadn't been so damn muddy, I might have gone looking for the pot of gold at the end of rainbow yesterday. After a day of near-monsoon rains, we had a gorgeous rainbow at the end of the day, and an equally spectacular sunset.

I could almost hear the Mexican leprechauns cackling over the treasure.


So what do you do in a beach town on a rainy day?

Go to another beach town, of course.

With Mike and Karen Schamel we headed south to Barra de Navidad where we wandered through a few shops, stopped at the miracle store to pick up a few miracles and then had lunch at a favorite stop: Mexico Lindo.

Normally, I would not have a margarita with my 2 p.m. lunch, but it was raining, there was no rush to do anything, and the young Mexican woman bartending seems to be pretty professional while doing other folks' drinks.

They were great margaritas... And I am soooooo glad I didn't have two.

But after the drinks and fish fajitas for lunch, we took a foray on a panga out to the anchorage where cruising sailboats hang out. There were lots of boats, but because of the weather, most of the cruisers were hiding below in their cabins.

Still it was fun. And I have never seen so many pelicans on the water anywhere.






Today the weather is still on-again, off-again rain, but with patches of blue here and there.

The locals say we will be back to normal sunny beach/surf weather Monday.

But then, they said that yesterday, too.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: